Results tagged ‘ T-Shirts ’
Well this is just gonna be a quick update, because I’ve gotta get back to work on a project here, but I’d just like to let you all know that I bought 4 more player t-shirts today, for 3 bucks a piece. I purchased Geovany Soto, Russell Martin, K-Rod (it literally says K-Rod on the back), and Carlos Gomez. So that puts my collection at 9 and means I have 8 out of 30 teams in my closet. Gotta love Gabriel Brothers.
So I was talking to one of my co-workers at my fabulous job at the YMCA today, and he informed that there were a bunch of player t-shirts for under $10 at this store that’s about 30 minutes away from where I live. I find myself extremely excited and anxious to get to the store and go absolutely player t shirt crazy.
The Pirates played their first Sunday game of the year yesterday, and didn’t disappoint. After a terrible start from Jimmy Barthmaier, who surrendered 3 runs on 2 hits and walked 3 in two innings of work. The rest of the pitching staff picked him up, giving up only 1 run (thank you Sean Burnett – who also got the win), striking out 3, and only giving up 3 more hits. The offense was led by Nate McLouth, who hit his first spring homerun and 3-run form to put the Pirates on top for good as part of a 5-run 5th innings. The bullpen did the rest from that point and put up all 0′s, giving the Pirates a 6-4 win and a share of first place with a 4-1 record.
- Shelby Ford : The young Pirate second baseman has started hot this spring, hitting .444 with 3 hits, 2 runs, a home run, 3 rbi, and 2 stolen bases, all of this comes in 5 at bats.
- Pedro Alvarez : The highly touted Pirates prospect has gone 3 for 7 (.429) with a 9th inning RBI double against the Red Sox, a .500 OBP, and only 1 strikeout.
- Paul Maholm : Paul only pitched 2 innings this week, but they were a great 2 innings. He struck out 2 and did not give up a hit.
- Andrew McCutchen : The possible future face of the franchise has started off just awfully in 2009. He is 0/12 with 7 strikeouts. He’s been on base only twice, but he did swipeone base.
- Adam LaRoche : A real shocker here (not!), Adam has collected 2 hit in 9 at bats, which isn’t all THAT horrible, but he has stuck out 5 times, which you never like to see.
- Jesse Chavez : Chavez has a dismal 13.50 ERA, pitching 2 innings, giving up 6 hits and 3 earned runs. He has struck out 5 batters however.